Thursday, January 1, 2009

10,000 more to go

I hope everyone is enjoying the music playlist that I added to my blog. For some reason "Sweet Baby James" was rattling around in my head this morning. I have an endless amount of useless information floating around in my brain, song lyrics are just one of them.  I will, without even being conscious of it, begin to sing, or quote a line from a movie or tv show or, my favorite, remember a scripture and quote it. Anyway, "Sweet Baby James" was pouring forth from my lips this morning as I was piddling around my house.  This being the first day of this year had me in a rather contemplative state, reviewing in my mind the recent year past, and imagining the year to come and singing these words, "with 10 miles behind me and 10,000 more to go". I was actually singing this as I was washing my hands in the bathroom and I stopped and paid attention to the words coming from my lips, I paused and looked at myself in the mirror, a deeply profound moment..."10,000 more to go" I told myself. Now you may think that this would be overwhelming or discouraging, but I found it extremely intoxicating. When I look back on my life, I can see how far I've come even though sometimes it feels as if I'm stuck. The picture above was taken this past fall. I posted a picture back in October of the road only it was the view of it leading home, this is the view of it leading away from home. Now this has always been challenging for Jenni, leaving my comfort zone, getting out into the world and experiencing the unknown. I hope that this year will get me out of my comfort zone and that I will grow immensely and become more of what my Creator will have me be. I pray this for all of you too and I hope when I get scared or find myself standing to the side and watching that somebody will be there to give me a shove and get me back into the race. Love to you all and a blessed new year!!!

No comments: