Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cautiously Optimistic

For some reason, this is the way I keep picturing Wilson...just a wee little baby. I feel this way about my kids too, they are still and forever more will be, my babies. 

Well, I got the call I'd been anxiously awaiting this morning, although my phone decided to turn itself off and I had to hear Doc on my voice mail. Maybe this is a good thing for I've listened to it 3 times now because the news is GOOD!!! Wilson had a great night last night and is up this morning eating and (this was the part I loved) wagging his tail! He had several good bowel movements (I know everyone loves knowing this) which means all is working correctly. He did have a slight fever but this is normal after surgery. Doc said he still wasn't out of the woods but he is "cautiously optimistic". I like that word optimistic. It made my heart happy to hear. 
I would also like to say, at this point, that I am so moved by everyones concern. If I ever had any doubt in the kindness of humanity, it is gone now. People I haven't seen in years and actually barely know are well-wishing my puppy and I. God has taught me a lesson through this. For one I've decided that I won't compartmentalize Him any longer and decide what is and is not his turf or what I think is worthy of his power, for God made it all. Secondly, I've learned that there are lovely, glorious people walking around on this planet that would go so far as to pray for a dog they don't even know. I can't even explain how this makes me feel. Thank you for praying because it is working and thank you for having hearts big enough to squeeze in prayer time for a puppy. 

1 comment:

TLDR1440 said...

We just never get to choose the venue God will use to teach us, do we? How I love your journey! Wilson is one blessed puppy to have you as his "mommy". I'm so glad, for him and for you, that he had a great night.
- Martine