Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yea though I walk...

I was just getting geared up this morning to go for a walk around my beloved "loop" when I sat down to check my mail before I headed out the door. I received an e mail from a friend who lives nearby who got an e mail from a friend who got an email from somebody who lives in Ashdown who has a trail cam set up in Grannis (town next to Wickes) that shot these oh-so-disturbing pictures. 
"HOLY CRAP" I said out loud (even though I tell my kids not to use this terminology)
Oh, dear LORD there is another one. Look at it's evil cold eyes lurking in the dark!!
Now I have heard rumors that people have seen cougars up on "my" hill, right where I walk. 
I used to go without fear because I had Buddy with me. After he died, I found it hard to go without my sentry at my side. 
Now while I am thinking logically, "hmmm they seem to have plenty to eat, why would they come after me??" I still am finding myself in the middle of a slight PANIC ATTACK and can't seem to muster up the courage to go walking. And I am thinking...
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me. "  So, what I want to know is, would YOU go??? After seeing this actual proof that there are big cats in them thar woods...would you go? Well, I am supposed to be being "very careful" this year of the Ox, and I am so torn with whether I should be brave, claim my right to walk where I wish or be safe and stay in my box?? I don't want to stay in my box, but I don't want to get eaten either, that really looks like it would be a bad way to go. I think what I'll do is go as far as the top of the hill and come back. I'll just stay out of the isolated, thick part of the trail. I'll let you all know if I come back alive or you'll hear about it on the evening news after they find my half eaten body. eeewww. 

2 comments:

TLDR1440 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TLDR1440 said...

Those photos sent cold chills down my spine! All I was thinking of was all those "drama in real life" stories in Reader's Digest. I have a pepper sprayer that uses gel so it goes farther and doesn't get blown by the wind - I'd be taking that on any walks through the woods. Or, be sure and bring your biggest dog(s).
Take MUCH care,
Martine