Friday, January 23, 2009

Praying for puppy

I am sending up prayers to heaven for my puppy today. I'm sure that there is an angel in heaven that ministers to dogs, there has to be.
Wilson had surgery this afternoon for an obstruction in his intestines. Dr. Martin, our vet, called me a little while ago with the news. He came through the surgery ok but there were complications. The mass that he removed was quite large and he isn't sure what it was. The bad part is that he had to remove about 4 feet of his intestines in order to have healthy blood flow where he put the intestines back together. It won't be an easy recovery and he said the next 48 hours would be critical, he even used the words "touch and go". If he makes it through the weekend, then we should be ok, just a possibility of having to put him on a special diet. But, there is that chance that we could loose him. So, here I sit with this before me. My logic is telling me to hope for the best but prepare for the worst but my heart is tender and, the truth is, I don't want to even look at the bad side of it. I know that God has all things in his hands and if He needs to take Wilson then he will and I'll have to accept it. I sure don't want to. Dr. Martin said he would stay in touch with me and I'll be sure to post results. 


1 comment:

TLDR1440 said...

Jenni, Jonathan and I just asked God to take care of Wilson and you, and to give you courage and some peace to get through this.
Love you.