Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Where is spring??

I was flipping through some pictures this afternoon and came across this one. There were several from this day but for some reason, my heart welled up when I came to this particular one. Wonder why??? Look at it, everything is lush and green. There are clothes hanging on the line, why you can almost smell the petunias and hear the hummingbirds. I don't remember a winter that has lasted so long. Yesterday was warm and I was outside in it all day working in the yard. Sadly, the cold wind has pushed me back inside today. Where are you spring?? Why are you taking so long to arrive?? While I was outside yesterday, I heard a flock of geese overhead, so I looked up and sure enough there they were. But wait, they were headed south, wait, no, west...where are they going anyway? Even the poor geese are confused about this weather. They are ready to head north but the cold keeps pushing them back too I guess. I know God has his reasons for this belated spring, perhaps just to make me appreciate it more. It will be welcomed with open arms when it arrives...I mean literally. I think I'll even kiss the grass and hug the flowers. 

No comments: