Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Buddy


I was walking out to the calf pen this morning when I heard this mournful whimpering behind me. I turned around and there was my Buddy, visibly injured and in pain. He was holding up his front right leg and barely moving. It was one of the most pitiful things I've ever seen. I went to him and looked him over, all the while reassuring him that everything would be ok, and poor babying him. Rodney looked him over too and we agreed that he needed to go to the vet. The consensus is that he was kicked by a cow. We thought that if he had been hit by a car he would have other signs of this, abrasions, dirt, etc... The only thing visible was his obvious pain. It was quite a chore to get him in and out of the car but we did it. He is at the vet now. They said that it would at least be tomorrow before I  can pick him up. We are pretty sure that his leg is broken but they couldn't get x rays until later and then if it is broken, the setting of it and casting etc.. would take a while. So here I sit, waiting on a phone call. My heart is heavy and I feel like a little breeze would cause me to break into tears. He has been so precious to us. I am praying that it will only be a broken leg and that I'll be able to pick him up tomorrow and baby him for a while. I'll post the results when I find out.

No comments: