Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bowels of Hell

I got the call from the vet this morning. The good news is that no surgery was required. The bad news is that I had to spend 10 minutes on the phone talking about laxatives, unidentifiable crud, and massive pooping.

Doc gave Eddie a stool softener and a laxative last night and when he took him out to walk this morning, apparently the gates of hell swung open wide and the demons were released from that poor babies bowels. We aren't certain what the blockage was since Doc deemed it indescribable green-nasty-not-niceness. He re-x-rayed his tummy and sounded the all clear. He said that he would give him some food and see how he handles that this morning and I could possibly come pick him up this afternoon.

I did request that he send off a specimen to make sure we weren't dealing with salmonella or any other horrible bacteria. My initial thoughts are that he over did it on the june bugs and/or dragonflies. I was very glad to hear that he is feeling much better now that he has been purged clean. Doc said his ears had perked back up and that his little tail/nub was just wagging away. Thank you, thank you, thank you Lord!

I can't wait to give his little cheeks a big kiss and start putting some weight back on him. It has always been so comical to watch him chase and catch bugs, I never thought that it could be harming him. I still don't know for sure if that is what caused this but I am certainly going to be more aware of what he is ingesting.

Thank you all for the prayers and concern.

No comments: