Monday, April 20, 2009

A New Direction

I've decided that I'm going to include all of you on a very important endeavor of mine. I am on a mission to loose 25 pounds and I need some sort of accountability so I've deemed my blog as my platform to do so. Along with my updates and antics about farm life, I will be posting my progress. My reasoning behind this is not to bore you all to death with weight-loss melodrama, but hopefully to try and inspire anyone who wishes to join me on this quest. 
I have been very successful at weight loss in the past but have been so caught up in the captivity of activity that my health and weight have taken a back seat to everything else. 
So, here is my plan and what has worked for me in the past. This is mainly information that I've gleaned from Bob Greene, Oprah, Jillian Michaels, and many other experts. 
  •  First of all, and I know I will be able to hear groans and sighs all the way from Texas on this one...but number one is EXERCISE. My plan is, rain or shine, I will walk my 2.8 mile loop 5 days a week, maybe 6. 
  • Second is...no white stuff. This means no white bread, no refined sugar, no white rice, candy, anything with corn syrup in it. 
  • Thirdly, I will give myself a cut off time. This means no eating after 7:30. Not a grape not a nut - nothing. 
  • Number four is drinking plenty of water. 
  • Five is finding time to do something fun every day. Ride a bike, color in a coloring book, pick a fresh bouquet of flowers, take some pictures, do yoga, anything creative and cathartic that will bring me joy. 
  • Lastly, I am planning on changing my evening routine. Right now it consists of plopping down in the living room with a glass of wine and staring at the TV for hours. I have a bow-flex and a treadmill (and several other pieces of strength-training equipment) in my room that could be put to use. Not to mention that I could keep up with my house chores a lot more consistently if that box in my living room were not a constant distraction. 
I won't give you my starting weight because, well I'm sure you know why. I'm sure I will be posting any and all successes as well as what I'm struggling with and what I find most helpful. Like I said, my goal is to inspire and also to have a platform of accountability. My prayer is that this will be a jumping off place for any of you struggling and that hopefully we can support each other. Now, I'm off for a walk. 

No comments: