Thursday, April 23, 2009

Journey Update 4-23-09

I was sitting here trying to figure out how to make you all think I am really progressing but so far this week has been very challenging as far as the weight loss goes. Monday was my only day so far this week to walk. Tuesday I was in Texarkana ALL day with Mom and Dad and the last two days I've been working with Dad at the construction site in Gillham. I thought I could get up early enough to walk before we left for work...I figured it up and, with the time it takes me to walk, I would have to leave my house at 6:00 am. 
Gosh I sound like I'm making excuses. The exercise program I'm on this week is called "work in the heat like a dog and sweat your butt off". I don't know if it's working yet because I have resolved not to weigh myself for at least a couple of weeks. The evenings are slowly changing into more active ones but I forgot about how the longer days make it hard to eat before 7:30. So, I've switched my cut-off time to 8:00. The goal is not to punish myself but to set reasonable limits and attainable goals. I have a quote I want to share that has given me much encouragement. This is from Kim who is a contestant on "The Biggest Looser" and she said..."losing weight didn't make me happy — getting healthy and happy helped me lose weight." 

No comments: