Wednesday, February 4, 2009

On Eagles Wings

I arrived home from "town" today to find 4 eagles soaring above my house. Two of them were adult bald eagles and the other two were juvenile bald eagles. Well, I ran in the house to grab my camera and zoom lens, not even worrying with the groceries still in the car. Wow, they were so amazing to watch and I shot about 60 times. They were even talking to each other with their unusual and almost spine chilling squawking. As I was doing my best to find them through the lens and get the very best shot I could I started thinking of this verse I love. I had to come look it up because I forgot where it was. 
But those who hope in the Lord 
will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles,
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not faint. 
Isaiah 40:31

Boy those were words I sure needed to hear. And to think, God sent the eagles right to my house to remind me of it. God is good and I am thankful that He will renew my strength and that he blesses me daily with his love for me. I am also so blessed to have the love of so many people and I can barely express the gratitude for those of you who are there to lift me when the road gets weary. 

No comments: