Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The running of the goats

Kyle and I got up about 6:00 this morning to run the goats. This is the best time to do this, since it is still nice and cool out. We have figured out that it is easier to have somebody on the four-wheeler following behind them while somebody is in front leading. It actually makes it nice this way because we can take turns on the four-wheeler, that way neither of us gets exhausted. There are times when I'm the one doing the leading and there are 5 goats running behind me, bells dinging, that I feel like I'm running with the bulls or something. Of course, I'm sure that the bulls aren't nearly as cute and I doubt any of them would allow such a thing as a bell to be put around their neck. 
The picture is of Little Mo and Rain. Rain is our doe and Little Mo is our buck. They love each other and it is so sweet. They usually stay pretty close to each other. I can't wait to see their babies this spring. This will be my first attempt at breeding goats so I'm a little nervous about it. 
I'm going to go have my coffee now and watch the weather channel with my husband. Ahhh the joys of farming. 

No comments: