Monday, December 1, 2008

The First of December

Wilson woke me up around 5:30 this morning to go potty. When I opened the door I was hit in the face with little bits of cold slush and the porch was covered in this strange frozen frothy substance. In the blur of sleepiness, all of this was quite foreign and peculiar and while Wilson was out doing his business, I stood in the doorway in a stupor, confused and sleepy and cold. It wasn't until he woke me again at 6:30 that I opened my eyes and looked outside and exclaimed "It snowed?!?!?" Then it all became clear to me. I guess nothing is quite clear at 5:30 in the morning. After the kids started stirring about, Taylor was walking through the hall and I said "hey, Taylor look outside", she turned and blearily looked out the door and said "no freakin way!" Then Kyle did his normal Daffy Duck woo hooing. The snow wasn't a hinderance as far as travel went so they had to go to school.  It is all but gone now but it sure did make my little double-wide-cottage look Christmasy and festive considering that this is the first day of December. The old-timers are calling for a snowy winter because the persimmon seeds are shaped like spoons. Now who can argue with a scientific theory like that?? I guess we will see. 

No comments: