Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The STARE

Most dogs that I know, when they want a hand-out, will pitifully give you a look that says, "have pity on a poor poor puppy and feed me, I am starving to death and I am so lonely and sad, please feed me." Well Wilson has another way of going about this. We have come to call it  "the stare". I think he is trying some sort of doggy hypnosis...take a look

See, Charlotte has a pretty typical look, "mommy, feed me", while Wilson is going "look deep into my eyes...you want to give me food, lots and lots of food"

"you want to give me your cookie, you want to give me your cookie"

"you want to make me bacon everyday"

"look deep into my eyes, you must give me greasy hot chicken skins"

"I am eternally grateful for pork fat, it makes my skin so shiny"

I also have to mention that along with all of the other bountiful blessings in my life, I've also been blessed with paw prints on my kitchen floor. After living on the farm for 9 years, I've had to make peace with the dirt and mud. I encourage all of you to do the same. Embrace the dirt, love the mud, it came from the earth, what could be more natural?

No comments: