Sunday, June 1, 2008

School's out

Summer is well on it's way. 

The kids have been out of school for a week now and it feels like it has been a month. We have plenty to keep us busy this summer. Kyle has been helping Rodney in the chicken houses all week which has been really nice for me. Taylor will start her classes at the college in Mena tomorrow. She is nervous about it but I know she will be fine. I told her that it will be way more fun than regular school. 
We had a ladies retreat this weekend at Mom's house. Several of the ladies from the church came and we shared a lovely bible study and stayed up late talking. This was good for my spirit. I feel rejuvenated and refreshed spiritually. Physically, however, I am feeling tired. When the chickens started dying a couple of weeks ago, I stopped walking in the morning. I haven't started back yet and I know this is why I'm tired. It is ironic that a person would feel tired from lack of exercise. The only thing that will make me feel better is to start walking again. I have made a decision that I am going to set my alarm for 6:00 and walk first thing in the morning when it is still cool out. I am going to set my walking clothes and tennis shoes out tonight so I won't be hindered in anyway. Taylor has to catch the bus in town at 7:15 so I'll be up and at em before we have to leave. Kyle and I have also discussed working out on the bowflex. He wanted to work out this summer while out of school...this would give me a work out buddy and he is so much fun to be with, it will be good for us. 

No comments: