Saturday, June 14, 2008

Waterhoses


I am still having a camera de lima so I am still relying on stock photos from the internet and ones that I've had for a while. 

I was working in the chicken house today, doing one of my least favorite jobs, washing fans. I had all of my equipment laid out, water hose, pressure washer, gas can, etc... and was working away cleaning months worth of dust and feathers (among other things) off the fans. I had my i pod going which makes the job much easier and more enjoyable, when I heard barking. My dogs, who are with me no matter what nasty job I'm doing, were in and out of the chicken house while I was working. Well, apparently when I began to move the pressure washer to another fan, the water hose startled Charlotte and she became alarmed and upset, barking and barking to make known the presence of a beast lurking nearby. I just rolled my eyes and went about my work.  I started to think about how she was so sure that there was an eminent danger, that she reacted as if it had been a snake, as if it were real, not simply a harmless water hose. Then my mind got deeper into this subject.
How many times in our lives do we react with fear and defense when something startles us? When something enters our lives that even appears to be threatening, our guards go up, our defenses are raised and we start to bark in protest. When if we looked a little closer at the situation, there is nothing to be afraid of. I'm sure that God looks upon us quite often and thinks, "what is she barking at now?"  I think I'll try to look at things a little closer before I begin to bark from now on. 

No comments: