Friday, August 22, 2008

Schnauzers


I had to clip my doggies yesterday. And when I say "had to" I really mean that. Charlotte was a breeze to clip so I did her first. She has much thinner more wiry hair so it is easy to comb out and clip. Sophie on the other hand...man oh man did we have a time. I thought that maybe I could get her combed out and do the regular schnauzer cut, but it became quickly apparent that this was no longer a matter of being pretty, but a matter of health and happiness, and probably a safety issue as well. I wish I would have taken a "before" picture of her. It was raining yesterday so I couldn't clip them outside and had to do the clipping in the bathroom. I put down and old sheet to catch the bulk of the fur and did we ever have fur. I would clip for a minute or so and pick up piles of hair and put them in the waste basket. Poor thing. She looks funny now but I know that she feels so much better. I let her go much to long because I was having trouble getting in touch with the lady who usually grooms them. Apparently she has another job now at the post office and is just doing grooming now and then. Anyway, poor Sophie must endure probably a month or so of this humiliating hair do but it will be worth it in the end. 

No comments: