Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hospitals


                                      A constellation called God's eye
I am spending the day today in a hospital waiting room. I've, thankfully, only done this a few times in my life. My sweet cousin, Ron, is having a major surgery today on his spine. We were with him right up until the point that they wheeled him away to the operating room and I felt a tug at my heart strings as he disappeared from view. This can't compare, I'm sure, with the way his mother must have felt. She has been in this position so many times with him but it doesn't get easier with time. Each surgery is unique and special and nothing short of a miracle. 
I know that God is with the surgeons' hands as they meticulously repair the parts of his body that were left undone at his birth. I love Ron so much. He had a small procedure yesterday where they put dye in his spine to take a picture of it, and he was texting me all during it, and said he couldn't wait to see me. So, I took a picture of myself and sent it to him and Judy, his mom, said that he kept it with him throughout the procedure. Why he loves me so much, I'll never know but it is a precious, innocent love that I will always cherish. I'm so honored that I have the love of so many people and that I have them to love. 

No comments: