Friday, May 16, 2008

Secret Obsession


If you know me very well at all, you know I'm a Justin Timberlake fan. Rodney has asked me before why I love him so, I simply respond...well he sings AND dances!! Hellooo. I love any man that dances which is why I love watching Dancing with the Stars too. I don't know what the attraction is to this phenomenon of dancing males, especially those who sing as well, but I know that there aren't many things more thrilling to me. My secret obsession is that I want to dance with them. It has been over a year since Taylor and I went to see Justin in concert. I thought that surely after a year that the whole thing would have died down, but so far I'm still in love. I have pictured myself on stage with Justin, in his videos, spending endless hours going over choreography and learning every step to every beat. Once I told Rodney that I wanted to dance on stage with Justin, he said to me, "you would be good at it" which made me love him even more. Maybe it keeps me feeling young to have this infatuation with a pop star, maybe I need to grow up a little, maybe I don't want to. I love the music, the dancing, beat-boxing, booty shaking, bass thumping whole thing. We recorded his concert on HBO which is permanently saved on my TiVO (in HD thank you very much) and sometimes when I'm on the treadmill, I can put this on when I feel myself lagging and suddenly I'm inspired to go faster and faster. I even sing all of his songs to the chickens when I'm in there working. They seem to like it. 
I guess that I've gushed enough about this topic. I hope that all of you have something in your lives that keep you feeling young and gives you a little bit of a thrill. 

No comments: