Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bella


Here is my new walking partner. Since Buddy died, we have been tossing around the idea of getting another "outside" dog. We all agreed that we didn't want another lab and that we wanted to get a dog that really needed us. I knew that if I waited and was patient that this dog would find me. The kids and I went to Wal-mart yesterday after school to do some grocery shopping and when we came out, there she was. Our old friend and neighbor Sandy Sullivan was selling them for $10. I instantly knew that this was it and I just needed to merely pick her up and take her home. There were others but she was the most playful and I thought the most beautiful, so we named her Bella, which is Italian for beautiful. She is part Australian Shepard and part catahoula...I'm hoping she'll make a good cow dog. She went walking with me this morning...I wasn't sure if she would be able to make it because she is still so little but she stayed in stride with me the whole time. I stopped a couple of times, once to let her get a drink from the little brook we cross and once by the pond, again for a drink. She is very sweet and playful. She cried for about 15 minutes last night after we came in for the night but soon was sleeping in her little dog house. I was so proud of her. Sophie and Charlotte were a little put-out with the whole idea of a new dog but seem to have bonded with her already, especially after we all walked together this morning. So far, she has blended in perfectly, and I love her already!!

No comments: