Saturday, January 26, 2008

Charlotte

This doggy is an endless source of joy for us. She was born right here in our house last December and we knew from the start that she belonged to us. Out of six other puppies, she was unique and always making us laugh and causing our hearts to swell with love with her curious little eccentricities. I mean just look at her, snoozing on her back with her feet and ears going every which way and those pearly whites showing (which we call her dentures). She has a bit of an under bite which just adds to her personality...Rodney says she was just "born with big gums"...like Bubba from Forest Gump. Just about a week ago, she and I sat on the front porch and watched the sun go down and I wondered how I became so blessed in my life to have a heart big enough to love my family as much as I do and still have love left over for this weird little dog who sat with me and gazed out into the sky like she knew that we were both participating in some sacred ritual. I hope she is around for a long time for she never fails to make me smile...and smiling is always a good thing.

No comments: