Monday, July 16, 2007

The kids and I are going to the church this morning to help out with VBS preparations. This is going to be a hectic week with the farm work that has to be done and VBS coming up next week. It looks like we finally have a break in the weather to get hay cut, but we are too strapped in to the chicken houses that it will have to wait till next week. Sometimes this all seems like more than one family can handle. I know that it will get done. It is always good for me to have a challenge, I have to put myself in check and make sure that I'm gleaning knowledge and growth from these times and not feeling sorry for myself. It is at these times that I must surrender my anxiety over to God and just let His will be done. I know that I will never experience true joy and peace until I traverse the fires of life with an attitude of thanksgiving. For even in the midst of the fires, I can find peace if I am aware that it is my creator who is molding and making me into the person He needs me to be. I am thankful for today and my goal for this day is to face every challenge that may come my way, however big or small, with a gracious attitude. This should be quite an undertaking, but I'm sure it won't be without it's rewards.

1 comment:

J Rabon said...

Hey Giffers. I love reading about whats going on in your families lives so keep it up. I hope you got the pictures from alaska I sent you. Take care and givee all a hug for me, even your UGLY (Ha Ha) Husband. I love you all. JR