Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Well, here it is. Christmas Eve Eve Eve. Sometimes when I count eve's it makes me feel like I have more time, more Christmas time. It is this time of year that I wish I could make time stand still. Can't I just make it last and last?

Since I have no power over time, I have to become very present... make myself be in the moment. Something I really need to be doing all year long. Just be, simply enjoy the hour at hand. Make a memory.

Rodney and I are headed to the big city today to do the last of our shopping. When I woke up this morning, I was thinking "if I can just get this shopping done, then I can settle in and get in the Christmas mood". But then I thought "Wait, aren't I going to spend the day with my sweet husband? And aren't I going to be filled with thanksgiving for the family I am shopping for? Why rush through that?" Yes indeed, I must take in the air of this hour.

What I am praying for all of you is that you will be present this Christmas. I pray that you will make a memory that will warm your heart at even the coldest and hardest hours. My wish is that your hearts and homes will be filled with the love of God and of family. And when you are brimming with so much cheer, I pray that you will spill it out onto everyone in your path. If you happen to be short on cheer, I pray that you will give of yourself until you can't help but feel the love of Christmas.

1 comment:

Ron Hamilton said...

I love your house at christmas time