Friday, August 7, 2009

Excitement

Well, today started off exciting and now has ended very exciting.
Rodney called me about an hour ago and announced that we had a baby Donkey. My heart leapt into my throat as Taylor and I scattered almost knocking each other down to get to the 4-wheeler.
Momma Donkey, or Ellie May, is still pretty skittish and didn't want us to get too close. I completely understood and kept my distance. It is times like this that I am completely in love with my zoom lens. Fighting the urge to run up to it and squish it's little neck and stroke those sweet donkey ears was almost more that I could bear.
We are pretty sure it's a girl. It was hard to tell from so far away but Rodney said he could tell so for now I'm trusting his expertise in this arena. As I was shooting pictures I kept thinking...that is one big baby. I'm glad I'm not a donkey.

No comments: