Saturday, November 10, 2007

Deer season is in full force on the farm. The youth hunt was last weekend and Kyle got a pretty good buck. We are slowly replenishing our freezer with deer meat. I actually had to buy some hamburger meat at the store last month so I am very happy to see the freezer shelves filling back up. In fact, we had a big pot of deer chili this evening with the meat from this deer...delicious. Rodney got me a hunting license but I'm not sure what I will do with it. I have never killed a deer, I can't even kill a sick chicken. I don't mind others killing them, I just don't have it in my soul to take a life, and I don't mind admiting it. I'll keep busy with my camera and hopefully I can "shoot" some breathtaking photos, but I think I'll leave the other shooting to the guys.

No comments: