Monday, August 6, 2007

Big Day!!

Today was a monumental day on the farm. Kyle got to drive the tractor and ted the hay all by himself. Rodney drove him around the outer perimeter, then he let Kyle drive with him on the tractor for a little ways, then it was Kyle on his own! I was so nervous for him but I know that if he is going to learn, he has to get out there and do it. We had to adjust the tension on the seat because he weighs so little that the alarm kept going off. That really tickled me.
There is still a world of hay to cut and bale, and as things would have it, the cutter broke today. We have patched that poor thing a million times and were praying that it would make it through this season, but it looks like we are going to have to get a new one. Poor Rodney. He was down about the cutter, then we found out that his kitty (the Arkansas woodpile kitty), was badly injured. We think he got run over in the hay field or something. Rodney had to put him down, he was 14 years old. It has been one of those days here. We are all praying for Rodney. He somehow gets all of the "dirty" jobs around here. I don't know how he has the strength sometimes. We are all blessed to have him in our lives.

1 comment:

sandykaycole said...

Hi Jenni. I just saw your blog for the first time today. Oh, it makes me want to get in my car and head your way. You are so right about all the blessing of farm life. It's hard to beat being in Wickes Arkansas.

I can't believe Kyle is driving the tractor. That's such a big responsibility. All our babies are growing up.

Sending you lots of love and hugs. I hope to see you soon. Aunt Sandy